Upgraded Pure Silver Cable for SR1 & CA1 Ribbon Headphones
$1,100.00 – $1,500.00
One of the great things (and sometimes not so great things) about ribbon headphones is their ability to reveal the best and the worst of every component, cable and source type, in the system.
The development of our VM-1a amplifier and TI-1b interface brought our ribbon headphones even closer to the apex of personal music reproduction, and with that, a question. We wondered, just how far does this go? Is there more “up” from here?
Cables for ribbon headphones have an unusual relationship with their load. It is indeed rare that a cable will have a higher impedance than the load they drive. If you think about it long enough, your brain will begin to squirm in your skull.
Resistance, capacitance and inductance become a three-headed monster hiding under your bed. This is no causal hook-up. Get it wrong and you’re faking it. Get it right and you can enjoy faithful reproduction only a rare few have experienced.
After careful analysis, we knew the target parameters. A difficult target and hit it we did! Yes, by the numbers, all should be well. This thing should be singing! Hmmm… let’s just say, it wasn’t!
Those beautiful ribbons wouldn’t lie to us. This, is where science, art and perception merge with desperation. This was to be our sonic statement we present to the world!
Lucky for us, we have Alex’ great mind to come up with a series of annealing steps to test its effect on sonics. Having a sample in Europe and the US we began various annealing cycles. Early on, it was obvious there was some very real effects on the nature of the sound.
Each cycle seemed to get gradually better. Eventually, we both had a sound that was so unlike anything we had heard before_extremely detailed resolution and a smoothness that can only be compared to natural acoustic instruments.
We became more and more satisfied but even more curious. Let’s keep going until we find the top of the bell curve and chase it all the way to the bottom. And that’s what we did. All the way down the rabbit hole and back out, again.
What a wonderful and instructive process it was.
The Star-8 Pure Silver is a paradox in performance. Usually, a cable of such resolution presents as zippy or glaring, even fatiguing. A cable of such smoothness and warmth often sounds un-involving or even sleepy.
It is rare and unexpected to experience resolution and warmth together. You usually get one or the other but, seldom both. An early adopter on head-fi described it as “The Inner Light”. That certainly covers it in as few words as possible.
We expect you will feel the same and invite you to audition the Star-8 Pure Silver in your present system and discover the inner light for yourself. To arrange a free, no obligation audition, please email email@example.com or call 818-437-0779.
Copyright © 2020 RAAL-requisite. 2175 Goodyear Ave, STE 110. Ventura CA. 93003
This section is only for customers who purchased a unit directly from RAAL-requisite. If you purchased a unit through a third-party vendor, please contact the vendor for further information. Customers who purchased a unit from a third-party vendor are not eligible for a refund from RAAL-requisite.
For a 100% refund minus the cost of shipping:
1. Customer must contact us within 14-days of the shipping/pick-up date.
2. Customer must provide us with a tracking number from their shipping company within the next 10-days.
3. Upon receiving the unit, Requisite Audio will inspect the unit.
4. If the unit is determined to be in like-new condition, the customer will receive a 100% refund. Customers will not be reimbursed for the cost of shipping.
No returns will be accepted after 14 days under our refund policy.
RAAL-requisite reserves the exclusive right to determine if a unit is in like-new condition and the right to determine the final refund amount.
Customers who need assistance with a manufacturing defective product should see our Warranty Policy.
RAAL-requisite warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery. This warranty is only made to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
In the event of failure of a product under this warranty, RAAL-requisite will repair, at no charge, the product returned to its factory. RAAL-requisite may, at its option, replace the product in lieu of repair. If the failure has been caused by misuse, neglect, accident or abnormal operating conditions, repairs will be billed at the normal shop rate. In such cases, an estimate will be submitted before work is started, if requested by the customer.
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
This warranty does not cover:
1. normal wear and tear or normal aging of the product;
2. cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents;
3. damage through accident, abuse, neglect, misuse, natural events, or other external causes;
4. damage through misapplication, overloading, or improper useage;
5. damage due to improper maintenance and repair;
6. damage as a result from the shipping and handling by third parties; or
7. product alterations.
Limitation of Liability:
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RAAL-rEQUISITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR INJURIES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; OR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY.
Customers may be required to provide proof of purchase date, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow RAAL-requisite’s directions to make a claim on your warranty.
*DO NOT OPEN THE PRODUCT. OPENING THE PRODUCT MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY. To make a warranty claim:
1. Contact us either through:
phone: (818) 437-0779
office: 2175 Goodyear Ave, STE 110. Ventura CA. 93003-7761
1. We will try to assist you in operating or repairing your product.
2. If we determine a replacement part is necessary, we will send you a free replacement part.
3. If we determine a replacement will not resolve your problem, we may ask you to return your product to our warehouse. Upon receiving the product at our warehouse, RAAL-requisite will inspect the product.
4. If we determine that the product has a manufacturing defect we will send you a replacement part. If replacement of the part or repair of the unit is not possible, RAAL-requisite will send you a replacement product.
5. Customers who purchased the product from a third-party vendor are not eligible for a refund from RAAL-requisite.
RAAL-REQUISITE SHALL HAVE THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO DETERMINE IF A UNIT IS COVERED UNDER ITS WARRANTY POLICY. Severability:
The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any provision of this warranty shall not render the other provisions invalid, illegal or unenforceable.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
This warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The courts of California shall have the exclusive right to adjudicate any disputes arising under or in connection to this warranty.